Monday, March 16, 2015

Gai Pad Grapao

Since I just posted on a Thai basil dish last week, thought I'd continue with a dish made with Thai and Holy Basil.

The link for the recipe on importfood.com

This is one of the easier Thai recipes and I used a lot less Thai chilies than what they recommend.

Here is my slight variation of the recipe :

one pound boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
4 fresh Thai chile peppers (green color is preferred), since I'm not super heat tolerant
6-10 cloves garlic minced or pressed through a garlic press
a handful or two of dried holy basil (soak in water for 15-20 minutes)
2 teaspoons - or more - of palm sugar
2.5 tablespoons fish sauce
1/2 cup water
1 or 2 cups fresh Thai basil

The dish came quickly together in about 30 minutes and I ate with jasmine rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment