Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Pad Kee Mao Gai

I've been cooking Thai cuisine the last 2 years and have learned quite a few dishes.

I've done Lad Na, Pad Thai, Masaman, Pad Prik Khing, and other recipes, but wanted to try something new with Thai basil.

I order a lot from importfood.com, and wanted to use their recipe on the website but did a little more searching to see what the recipe would look like and see the possible variations.

I tried this recipe here : Alosha's Kitchen and with a couple of small modifications, I thought it was a very good recipe.

To keep the heat down to medium, I used only three Thai chilies along with 12 ounces of wide noodles and a pound of chicken. I did use a whole small red onion and a red and yellow pepper; so twice the amount of onion.

If you're using 12 ounces of wide noodles I would recommend a 1/4 cup of fish sauce, slightly a little less of the golden mountain and thick soy sauce and directly mix it with the chicken before putting it in the pan. I also mix my palm sugar with water for easy use and store it in the fridge so I can just pour it on the dish as I'm creating it.

Here's a photo of the finished dish :

1 comment:

  1. Melissa said...
    That looks fabulous! Thank you so much for the feedback on my recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete